The Shaw Trust Care Academy is here to respond to the nationally identified skills shortage in the Adult Social Care sector, which has an average 8% vacancy rate and 31% staff turnover rate.
Shaw Trust is a national charity helping people to achieve their best throughout their lives.
The Shaw Trust Care Academy is a single source of professional advice and support for employers and future care and support workers. We bring together a range of services covering recruitment, careers advice, learning and skills development, and employment support.
How can you get involved?
The Shaw Trust Care Academy will support you from start to finish. Whether you are just leaving school, are currently unemployed, have worked in the care sector before, would like to improve your career and progress, or are ready to take on a management role.
As the UK’s largest employment and skills charity, Shaw Trust works with more than 100,000 people seeking jobs and new careers each year. This coupled with the Shaw Trust’s Ofsted Outstanding training provided by Ixion, makes the charity ideally placed to support you through our Care Academy.
The Shaw Trust Academy offers those seeking a career in care:
- Support from dedicated career coaches and trainers.
- Rapid online induction training including care certificate standards delivered through video content and supported 1-2-1 coaching sessions.
- Jobsearch support and job matching
- Learning modules mapped to health and social care roles
- Traineeships and Apprenticeships programmes.
Shaw Trust has more than 30 years’ experience supporting employers with their recruitment needs. The Shaw Trust Care Academy offers employers:
- Support from dedicated Employment Consultants.
- Rapid recruitment solutions funded by government support.
- Access to a talent pool of job seekers.
- Skills development packages for your whole workforce.
- Access to funding to support your workforce development needs.
- Delivery of high-quality Traineeship and Apprenticeship programmes.